I have to admit, I’m not a big fan of marshmallows in their standard form. But I love a good, toasted, gooey marshmallow! So naturally I love s’mores! And these S’mores Brownie Bars are so good, and so easy!
Best of all, you can make them indoors, so you don’t have to wait for campfire weather to get your s’mores fix. And using graham crackers is such a quick, simple way to create an instant crust.
I really love these warm from the oven, while the marshmallows are still nice and gooey. But I love them after they’ve cooled completely, when the marshmallows are sticky and chewy.
If you’re feeling extra industrious, you can always make your brownies from scratch, but with all the extras in these delicious bars, no one will know you didn’t.
- 8-10 graham crackers
- 1 box brownie mix plus ingredients to make brownies
- 3 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan, or line with foil.
- Place graham crackers in a single layer on the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Carefully spread brownie batter over the graham crackers.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Remove brownies from oven; sprinkle evenly with marshmallows and chocolate chips.
- Return to the oven for 2-3 more minutes, or until marshmallows are lightly toasted. Cool before cutting into squares.
Who Dished It Up First : It’s hard to say, since there are variations on the S’mores brownie theme all over the internet. I came across these most recently on one of my favorite new food blogs, Real Mom Kitchen, where Laura adds peanuts or cashews after baking.
I also noticed a similar recipe in one of my favorite new cookbooks, The Ultimate Shortcut Cookie Book, where Camilla adds some additional graham cracker pieces on top. However you decide to make them, I’m sure they’ll be delicious!