These little sandwiches are quick and easy to put together, and go over well with kids and adults. For an added kick, try spreading some additional Dijon mustard on the rolls before adding the ham and cheese. These can be made ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator, but you may need to bake them a few extra minutes. These can also be made ahead and stored in the freezer. Just defrost in the refrigerator and then bake as directed.
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onions
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) melted butter
- 1 dozen dinner rolls or 2 dozen party rolls, such as King Hawaiian Sweet Rolls
- 1/2 pound sliced deli ham
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced Swiss cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. In a small mixing bowl stir together onion, mustard, poppy seeds, and melted butter.
- Leaving the dinner rolls intact, slice them open so that you have one solid top and bottom.
- Place the bottom half on a baking sheet; top with ham and cheese. Place the top part of the rolls on the ham and cheese.
- Drizzle the butter mixture evenly over the rolls.Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes.
- Use a knife to separate the rolls into individual sandwiches. Serve immediately.
- Serving Size: 12
Who Dished It Up First: I got this recipe from one of my favorite blogs Be Different Act Normal. Lorie posts great recipes and tons of fun decorating ideas.