These pizza rolls are a big hit with kids and grown-ups alike. They’re perfect as an appetizer or a main dish. On my last trip to the grocery store, I found Pepperoni Minis by Hormel–cute little miniature pepperonis that are perfect for this recipe (no chopping required).
To save time, you could use prepared pizza dough. I resort to this time-saving method often, although I think the homemade stuff is so much better. Feel free to adapt the recipe to include any of your favorite pizza toppings. And don’t forget the marinara sauce for dipping!
- Pizza Dough (enough for 2 pizzas)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough in half.
- Roll each half into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick and 12 inches long.
- Sprinkle each half with equal amounts of garlic salt, basil, cheeses and pepperoni.
- Starting at a short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log. Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.