SLOW COOKER HONEY GLAZED HAM — Moist, delicious spiral sliced ham, slow-cooked in a spiced honey glaze.
If you love honey glazed ham, you’re going to love this Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham. This is hands-down my absolute favorite way to prepare ham.
I’ve tried a lot of different methods and recipes for preparing ham over the years, and this is the one I always come back to.
Especially during the holidays. When you’re hosting a holiday meal, you want to go with tried and true recipes that always turn out delicious.
I made this for guests who proclaimed, “That’s the best ham I’ve ever had!” Even folks who said they don’t normally care for ham liked this honey glazed version.
It’s so easy to remove the lid of the slow cooker for basting, and the ham always stays moist. Not to mention, cooking the main dish–especially for a holiday meal–in the slow cooker frees up all that space in the oven.
I keep the glaze warm on the stove top during cooking, and baste my ham every 30 minutes or so. You may have to adjust the cooking time based on the size of your ham, but really, you can do this with almost any pre-cooked ham.
Just make sure you have a ham that will fit in your slow cooker. If not, you can prepare your ham the traditional way, in the oven.
Just follow the same instructions for basting as outlined in the recipe. Whether you use the slow cooker or the oven, this honey glazed ham is destined to become a holiday tradition!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Honey Glazed Ham
- Spiral sliced ham
- Brown sugar
Honey Glazed Ham (Slow Cooker)
Moist, delicious spiral sliced ham, slow-cooked in a spiced honey glaze.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 10 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: American
- 1 (3-5 pound) ready-to-eat, spiral sliced ham
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- Place the ham in a slow cooker with about 1/4 inch of water in the bottom.
- Turn the slow cooker to low heat.
- In a small saucepan, heat the brown sugar, honey and butter until smooth. Stir in the ground cloves.
- Brush or spoon about 1/4 of the glaze over the ham.
- Remove the glaze from the heat and keep covered while the ham cooks.
- Continue cooking the ham on low for 2-3 hours, brushing with glaze every 20-30 minutes, until ham is heated through.
Keywords: ham, honey
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com