Let me introduce you to one of my favorite snacks. White Bean Dip with Rosemary and Olive Oil.
Yes, it does look a lot like mashed potatoes. Which isn’t a bad thing….but this white bean dip is much healthier.
I don’t feel so bad eating the whole bowl myself! Which I do. Often.
The olive oil drizzle makes for a great presentation, but if I’m making a batch for myself I just warm all of the oil, garlic and rosemary together. Then I process that with the beans and other ingredients.
This is great with pita chips, veggies or toasted baguette slices.
White Bean Dip with Rosemary and Olive Oil
- In a frying pan over medium heat, stir half the olive oil and the 2 cloves garlic for about one minute, until garlic is fragrant but not browned.
- Pour the oil and garlic into a food processor. Wipe out the pan and set aside.
- Add white beans, lemon juice, and salt to the food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a serving bowl.
- Return the frying pan to medium heat and add the remaining olive oil and the rosemary sprigs. Warm the rosemary in the olive oil until fragrant, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so the rosemary doesn’t burn.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Discard the rosemary and drizzle the olive oil over the bean dip.