This is hands-down my favorite salsa recipe. I suppose “restaurant-style” depends on which Mexican restaurant you go to, but this is a lot like the salsa served in many of the Mexican restaurants around here. I like the convenience of the canned tomatoes paired with the other fresh ingredients. It’s quick and easy, but has a fabulous, fresh flavor!
Add as much or little jalapeno as you like to achieve the desired level of heat. This does make a lot of salsa, but leftovers will keep in the refrigerator for several days.
Restaurant Style Salsa
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can Rotelle tomatoes
- 1/2 onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1-2 green onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, chopped, with most of the seeds removed (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor.
- Blend on low to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips.