Truthfully, I’m not a huge fan of mushrooms, but I love these Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms! And when I say I love the, I mean, a lot!
The filling for these mushrooms can be made several days ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator. It can even be made ahead and frozen. Just be sure to bring it back to room temperature before stuffing the mushrooms.
The filling holds it shape pretty well during cooking, so don’t be afraid to generously stuff those mushrooms caps. I usually fill the caps, and then add another generous spoonful of filling on top of that. The number of servings you get from the recipe will depend somewhat on the size of your mushrooms, but I usually get close to 30. However many it is, it never seems to be enough!
Mouthwatering Stuffed Mushrooms
- About 30 whole fresh mushrooms
- 8-10 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350. Clean mushrooms; break off stems and discard.
- Combine cream cheese, bacon, 1/3 cup of breadcrumbs, Parmesan and spices.
- Brush mushroom caps with oil and fill with a generous amount of cream cheese filling. Dip tops in additional breadcrumbs and place on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : Adapted from allrecipes.com