It is so handy to have a dessert like this Easy Fruit Cobbler in your repertoire. And let me tell you, dessert doesn’t get much easier than this.
It only took about 10 minutes to put together, and even less time for my family to devour it! It’s great with all kinds of fruit, or a combination of different fruits. B
Berries are my personal favorite. Or maybe apples….its so hard to say.
You can use frozen fruit in this recipe, but you may need to increase the baking time by about 5 minutes.
It’s delicious served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of homemade whipped cream.
Easy Fruit Cobbler
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 cups sliced fresh fruit(or a 12-ounce package of frozen fruit)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put butter in an 8 or 9-inch square pan and place in oven. When butter has melted, remove pan from oven.
- Whisk flour, 3/4 cup of sugar, baking powder and salt in small bowl.
- Add milk and stir to form a smooth batter.
- Pour batter into pan, then scatter fruit over batter. Sprinkle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Bake until the batter browns and the fruit bubbles, about 45-50 minutes.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com