I thought after all of the holiday indulgence, it would be best to share something healthy about now–but also ridiculously easy and delicious. If you’re a fan of the Lärabar, you’re going to love these 3 Ingredient No-Bake Energy Bars. Even if you’re not a fan, I think you’ll still love these! You can whip them up in just a few minutes in your food processor, and they can be stored in the refrigerator for several weeks and the freezer for up to 3 months!
Once you’ve tried the basic recipe (you can use any combination of dates, nuts and other dried fruit) feel free to experiment with add-ins like sesame seeds and coconut. Here’s to a happy, healthy New Year!
- 1 cup almonds or other nuts
- 1 cup dried cherries or other dried fruit
- 1 cup (12-15 whole) pitted dried dates
- Combine all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse a few times just to things up. Separate the dates if they start to clump together.
- Process continuously for 30 seconds. Scrape the edges of the bowl and beneath the blade to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Process continuously until a ball is formed, 1-2 minutes. Continue processing for another 1-2 minutes, until the ingredients clump together and gather into a ball.
- Place the mixture in a bowl and cover and chill until firm enough to handle, about 30 minutes.
- On a piece of wax paper, roll or press the mixture out with your hands until it forms an 8x8 inch square.
- Wrap and chill for at least an hour, or overnight, before cutting into bars.
- Store the bars in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or in the freezer for up to three months. The bars can be eaten straight from the fridge or freezer and will be firm, but chewy. Room-temperature bars (kept in a lunch bag or backpack all day) will be softer but still delicious!
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Kitchn.