I’ve been debating getting a panini press for quite some time. I love grilled panini sandwiches, but I was hesitant to have an appliance taking up space in my kitchen when it just did that one thing. Then I discovered the T-Fal Optigrill. Not only does it make fabulous grilled sandwiches, I can also use it for grilling meat, veggies, and seafood. And let me tell you, it makes one incredible grilled cheese sandwich.
This amazing sandwich has four kinds of cheese! There’s cheese on the inside and the outside! And even with cheese on the outside, the sandwiches didn’t stick to the grill, and everything was easy to clean. That’s just one of the many things I love about the T-Fal Optigrill. These are some of the Optigrill’s other great features:
- Sensor cooking automatically adapts to the thickness of foods
- 6 Automatic cooking programs
- Frozen Food function to defrost and cook all types of food
- Manual cooking function for grilling fruits and vegetables or personal recipes
- Die-cast aluminum plates with non-stick coating
- Extra large removable drip tray
- Angled plates for easy fat release
- Easy to clean – dishwasher safe removable plates and drip tray
- Brushed stainless steel housing
One of my favorite features of this grill is the cooking indicator light. It changes from yellow to red to signify the level of doneness, and the grill beeps to alert you when your food is at rare, medium and well-done. Everything I’ve made it in has turned out just perfectly, from panini and grilled cheese, to meat and grilled potatoes. This thing makes some incredible grilled potatoes!
And I’ve got great news! I’m giving away a T-Fal Optigrill to one lucky Let’s Dish reader! You are going to love this versatile indoor grill!
(Enter using the widget below. Open to U.S. residents only. Contest ends Aug. 24, 2014).
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Of course, you probably want the recipe for that ultimate four-cheese grilled cheese sandwich too.
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese, melted
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Pinch of black pepper
- 4 slices crusty bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 4 sliced Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Gruyere cheese
- In a small bowl,, whisk together the melted butter, parsley, Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper.
- Brush the butter mixture evenly over one side of each slice of bread.
- Place a slice of Cheddar on the unbuttered side of two of the pieces of bread.
- In a small bowl, toss together the shredded Mozzarella and Gruyere. Sprinkle over the Cheddar.
- Top the shredded cheese with a second slice of Cheddar. Top the sandwiches with the two remaining pieces of bread, buttered side out.
- Turn on the grill, select the sandwich program and press OK. When the purple indicator light stops flashing, place the sandwiches on the grill and close the lid.
- Cook until the indicator light has turned red, or until the cheese has melted and the bread is toasted.
You can purchase the OptiGrill at your local Walmart, and be sure to check out their Facebook page for more great recipe ideas.
Who Dished It Up First: Recipe from the T-Fal Optigrill On The Grill cookbook.
This is a sponsored post for the T-Fal Optigrill. All opinions stated are my own.