I always keep some frozen puff pastry handy for whipping up delicious desserts like this. These Strawberry Nutella Pastry Bites are simple but elegant, and so tasty! You really can’t go wrong with strawberries and chocolate. Especially when you add flaky puff pastry to the mix. The first time I tried making them, I only spread Nutella on half of the pastry, but it didn’t seem like quite enough. When I made them again with Nutella on both sides, my whole family agreed that they were perfect!
Really, you can cut your puff pastry into any shape or size you’d like for this dessert, but I think this is the perfect size for serving at a party or get together. They’re easy to pick up and can be eaten in a few bites without being messy. The recipe does make quite a few, but don’t worry, they’ll be gone in no time!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 3/4 cup Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- Powdered sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Unfold the puff pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Cut puff pastry along seams to make 3 large rectangles. Cut each rectangle into 7 1-inch strips. You should have 21 strips.
- Arrange puff pastry strips on a large baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until golden. Cool completely.
- Cut each pastry in half horizontally (you should be able to make a “sandwich” with the pastry after it’s been cut). Spread Nutella over both halves of each pastry.
- Layer 2-3 strawberry slices over the bottom half of each pastry, then top with the second half. If desired, dust with powdered sugar before serving.