The weather has finally started warming up here in Colorado, and I’m finding myself more in the mood for light, healthy dishes like this Greek Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette. It’s loaded with good-for-you ingredients like Romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. The lemon vinaigrette is the perfect accompaniment to all of the fresh salad fixings, and can be whipped up with ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
I love that this salad uses things I grow in my garden, which means I’ll be making it often throughout the summer. If you prefer, goat cheese can be substituted for the feta. The Kalamata olives really add a tangy, unique flavor to this salad, but regular olives are just fine too.
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed, dried and chopped
- 1 small cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup Kalamata olives, halved
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 cup crumbled Feta cheese
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and toss to coat evenly.
- Serve immediately. Alternately, dressing can be served on the side.