I love all of the fresh fruit that is available during the summer months. I’m pretty content to eat it as is, but this Fresh Fruit Salad with Honey Poppy Seed Dressing is definitely one of my favorite ways to do something a little bit special with all of that fresh summer fruit.
You can use any kind of fruit you like–strawberries, grapes and fresh pineapple are a few of my favorites. If I’m using apples or bananas, I like to toss them with a little bit of lemon juice first. I’ll often add a can of well-drained mandarin oranges in a pinch, and if I’m using blueberries, I mix them in very gently to avoid turning the whole salad blue. This salad is great to bring along to potlucks and backyard barbecues, and it’s well received by kids and adults alike. It doesn’t keep well though, so I recommend adding the dressing just before serving.
- 6 cups fresh fruit, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/3 cup sour cream or plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons honey
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Place the fruit in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream or yogurt, honey, lemon juice and zest and poppy seeds.
- Pour dressing over fruit and mix gently. Serve immediately.
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from the Reluctant Entertainer