Several months ago my friend Rebecca brought this dip to a Christmas party. I’m pretty sure it was the first thing to disappear. My husband didn’t even get to try it (that might have been my fault). What I’m trying to tell you is that this dip is fabulous! Don’t wait for a holiday to make it–although I think it would be perfect for an Easter brunch.
The crab flavor is not too strong in this dish, which I really like. But you could easily add more crab if you like. If you want to spice things up a bit, try adding a dash of cayenne pepper. This is best served warm, but I’ll eat it just as happily at room temperature.
- 1 can (6-8 oz.) white shredded crabmeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- Crackers or crusty bread, for dipping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Drain crab and rinse in cold water to remove fishy smell; drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the crab, cream cheese, mayonnaise, lemon juice, onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and horseradish. Stir in egg and Parmesan cheese until everything is well combined.
- Spread the mixture into a 1.5 quart oven-safe serving dish or quiche pan. Bake for about 25 minutes, or until dip is light golden brown.
- Serve with crackers or crusty bread.