If you need a last minute Valentine’s Day treat, then this is the cookie for you. Using a box cake mix is a fabulous shortcut, especially when it comes to red velvet. If you’ve ever tried making red velvet batter from scratch, you know it takes about a gallon of red dye. Plus, cake mix cookies are always soft and chewy, just the way cookies should be. And did I mention these are quick and easy? My kids kept pressuring me to get a picture taken so they could eat more!
- 1 box red velvet cake mix
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Powdered sugar (for rolling the cookies, about 3/4 cup)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a large baking sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together the cake mix and flour until well mixed.
- Stir in the eggs, oil and vanilla and mix until smooth.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in the powdered sugar to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheets, 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are set and cookies begin to crack.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheets for 2-3 minutes before moving to wire racks to cool completely.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Two Peas and Their Pod