My husband loves cheese steak sandwiches and this slow cooker version is so simple and full of flavor. If you like mushrooms in your cheese steak, add them when you add the peppers, during the last hour of cooking, so they don’t get too mushy.
If you’d like to spice things up a bit, top your sandwich with sliced banana peppers or jalapenos. You could even serve toppings, including the peppers and onions, separately so everyone can create a custom sandwich.
Slow Cooker Cheese Steak Sandwiches
- 1 (5 pound) rump roast
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 2 (.7 ounce) packages dry Italian-style salad dressing mix
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- Sliced Provolone cheese
- Hoagie rolls
- Place roast and onions in slow cooker along with garlic, beef broth, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and Italian salad dressing mix.
- Cook on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 5-6 hours.
- During the last hour of cooking time, remove the roast from slow cooker and shred meat with a fork. Return to slow cooker, along with bell peppers, and cook for an additional hour or until ready to serve.
- Preheat broiler. Pile beef and peppers into hoagie rolls. Top with sliced Provolone cheese. Broil until cheese is melted and bubbly, 3-5 minutes.
Copyright Let's Dish Recipes 2013 www.letsdishrecipes.com
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com