Roasted potatoes are the perfect side dish for almost any meal. And the cooking technique works with pretty much any kind of potato. Not to mention, they’re easy to prepare and everyone loves them–at least everyone in my house.
When I picked up some beautiful fingerling potatoes at the farmers market last week, I knew I wanted to do something a little different with them. The balsamic vinegar really gives these potatoes a deliciously distinctive flavor. Maybe even more than our good old standby, Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes. We’ll definitely be making potatoes this way again.
- 2 pounds small potatoes (any variety), halved or quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray. Add potatoes to prepared pan.
- Drizzle olive oil over potatoes.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, salt and pepper. Toss gently to coat potatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until potatoes are just tender.
- Remove from oven and pour balsamic vinegar over potatoes. Stir to coat.
- Return to oven for an additional 5-10 minutes, or until potatoes are done.
- Season with additional salt and pepper, to taste.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.