These cute little cookies are were inspired by the classic Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie. The buttery shortbread cookie base with a dusting of cinnamon and nutmeg is the perfect accompaniment for the Pumpkin Spice Kisses–which are really tasty, by the way.
I always buy a few extra bags of my favorite seasonal candy and keep them in the freezer for later. I just feel better knowing certain holiday treats are available to me on a year-round basis. Some people call it hoarding. I call it being prepared.
Oh, and my family loved these cookies. I think they were gone within 24 hours! Which is exactly why I
hoard store extra candy!
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup white sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 36 Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses, unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and 2/3 cup sugar until light and fluffy.
- Stir in the vanilla, then the salt. Mix in the flour until the dough comes together.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/3 cup white sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Roll the dough into 1-inch balls, then roll in sugar and spice mixture.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Immediately press a pumpkin spice kiss into the center of each cookie (the cookie will crack around the edges).
- Remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe inspired by the Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie.