As a big fan of Chili Cheese Fritos and crunchy things in my salad, I knew I was going to love this recipe the minute I saw it. And it’s so easy! The hardest part was not eating the entire bag of Chili Cheese Fritos before I added them to the salad.
I’m not a huge fan of canned veggies, so I usually use frozen, but after making this with both frozen and canned corn, I actually prefer it with canned. You can also use green pepper and red onion for a slightly different but equally delicious flavor. If you’re salad seems a little dry after adding the corn chips, just stir in a bit of extra sour cream or mayo.
This is a great summer salad! Perfect for backyard barbecues and potlucks.
- 2 (15 oz.) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped green onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 (10.5 oz.) bag coarsely crushed Chili Cheese Fritos corn chips
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a large bowl, toss together corn, cheese, red pepper and green onion.
- Stir in sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Stir in corn chips just before serving.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
Who Dished it Up First: This is a Paula Deen recipe. Who else would thing of putting Chili Cheese Fritos in a salad?