This strawberry filled no-bake dessert has summer written all over it. Not only is it loaded with fresh strawberries, but you don’t have to turn your oven on to make this chilled confection. Because who wants to do that on a hot summer day?
This cake is so easy to put together and it looks beautiful too. The chocolate drizzle is a perfect compliment to the berries and whipped cream. Just make sure to refrigerate it long enough that the graham crackers soften into delicious cake-like layers. This doesn’t keep well for more than a day or so, but you shouldn’t have a problem eating it all before then!
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 3 1/4 cups whipping cream, divided
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 24 to 28 whole graham crackers
- 2 ounces dark chocolate, finely chopped
- With a hand mixer or in the bowl of a stand mixer, whip 3 cups of cream until it just holds stiff peaks. Add the confectioners sugar, and vanilla and whip to combine.
- Spread a small spoonful of whipped cream on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan, or a similarly-sized platter. Lay down six graham crackers.
- Lightly cover the top of the graham crackers with more whipped cream, and then a single layer of strawberries. Repeat three times, until you have four layers of graham crackers.
- Spread the last of the whipped cream over the top.
- To make the ganache, in a small saucepan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup cream until bubbles form around the edges. Pour over the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- Let it stand for a few minutes, then whisk until the mixture is thick and glossy. Drizzle over the layered cake.
- Refrigerate for at least four hours, or until the crackers have softened completely. Garnish with additional berries.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Kitchn.