I’m always looking for quick, healthy salad recipes for lunch, and this is one of my new favorites. The recipe, as written, makes about 2 lunch-sized servings. So if you’ll be feeding a larger group, you may want to double it. It comes together in about 5 minutes, and is full of protein and vitamins.
The slightly sweet, tangy dressing is a perfect accompaniment to the tomatoes and chickpeas. You can use honey in place of the sugar, but be sure to use fresh basil, it makes all the difference!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 6-8 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pinch of salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the garlic, red wine vinegar, apple cider vinegar, olive oil, sugar and salt.
- Add chickpeas, tomatoes and chopped basil; toss to coat.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Green Lite Bites.