This is a fantastic truffle recipe on it’s own, but I couldn’t resist hiding one of my favorite Easter chocolates inside. Because the only thing better than chocolate is more chocolate! I tried to cut one of the truffles in half for the photograph, but it just didn’t work, so you’ll have to take my word for it that there is a Cadbury Mini Egg inside.
A few tips: I like to use a small cookie scoop to measure out the truffle mixture. If it becomes a little hard and crumbly after being in the refrigerator, just leave it at room temperature until you are able to work with it. My favorite coating is chopped toasted almonds, but feel free to experiment with whatever you like.
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 dozen Cadbury Mini Eggs
- Cocoa, chopped nuts, toasted coconut, or sprinkles, for coating truffles
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended.
- Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour.
- Shape about 1 tablespoon of the truffle mixture around a mini egg and roll into a ball. Then roll in your choice of coating. Repeat with remaining truffle mixture.
- Store truffles in an airtight container at room temperature.