When I saw Hershey’s Raspberry Hugs in with all of the other Valentine candy, I grabbed a few bags, knowing I was going to bake them into something. Ultimately, I decided to just chop them up and add them to my favorite chocolate chip cookie dough.
The results were a delightful raspberry and cream flavored cookie with just a hint of chocolate. My husband says they taste like the raspberry cheesecake cookies at Subway, only way better! They’re perfect for Valentine’s Day, but I think I’m going to keep a stash of Raspberry Hugs in my freezer so I can make them year round.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 1 (10 oz.) bag Hershey's Raspberry Hugs, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together butter and sugars for 5 minutes with an electric mixer on high speed.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat 3 minutes more.
- Stir in sour cream, followed by salt, soda and baking powder.
- Blend in flour, 1 cup at a time. Stir in chopped Hershey's Hugs.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookies sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes or until just brown around the edges.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.