Who knew that pork and pineapple were a match made in heaven? Together, they’re the perfect combination of sweet and spicy. My whole family love these tacos, and no one complained about having leftovers the next day. If you have leftovers and want to make something besides tacos, try quesadillas. Besides being delicious, this is quick to put together. It will definitely become part of the regular rotation at our house.
- 1 (2-3 pound) pork roast
- 1 (16 oz.) jar salsa verde
- 2 (8 oz.) cans crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 (4 oz.) can diced green chiles
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1-2 teaspoons chopped jalepeno
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Flour tortillas
- Favorite taco toppings, such as tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream, green onions, guacamole, cilantro, etc.
- Place the pork roast in a lightly greased slow cooker. In a medium bowl, combine salsa verde, crushed pineapple, green chiles, brown sugar, jalepeno, salt, and pepper. Pour over pork roast. cook on high for 4 hours, or on low for 6-8 hours. Remove roast from crock pot and shred with a fork. Drain the juices from the crock pot through a colander. In a bowl, combine the shredded pork and drained pineapple/salsa mixture that remains in the colander. Serve in warm tortillas with your favorite taco toppings.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Cassie Craves