I’m not sure that I prefer this buffalo version over the classic Chex Mix, but it’s nice to change things up once in awhile. Regardless, if you put a bowl of it in front of me, I’ll just keep eating it.
If you want to use Corn Chex, different nuts (or no nuts), or more or less hot sauce, go right ahead. You could even add some cayenne pepper for an extra kick. This is the kind of recipe you can change easily to suit your tastes. It would make a great snack for Super Bowl Sunday.
- 4 cups Rice Chex® cereal
- 4 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
- 2 cups cheese crackers (Goldfish or Cheez-it)
- 2 cups pretzel twists
- 2 cups whole almonds
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3-4 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 (1 oz.) packet ranch dressing mix
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. In large bowl, mix cereals, nuts, pretzels and crackers; set aside.
- In a large roasting pan, combine melted butter, hot sauce and ranch dressing mix. Gradually stir in cereal mixture until evenly coated.
- Bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes. Spread on paper towels to cool, about 15 minutes. Store in airtight container.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com