Once I got the hang of it, these were pretty easy to put together. I broke a few Oreos in the process, but that’s okay–I just at those. Be sure to secure your stick in the center of the cookie with some white chocolate. Otherwise, everything falls apart when you go to dip the cookies.
If you can find candy googly eyes, those are great in place of the mini M&M’s. Once these have been individually wrapped, they can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
- 1 (18 oz.) package Oreo cookies
- 2 pounds white candy melts
- 1 cup miniature M&M’s candies
- Sucker sticks
- Carefully separate Oreo cookies so you have one side with filling and one without.
- Melt 1 pound of white chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the end of a sucker stick into the melted chocolate. Gently press the chocolate coated stick into the center of the Oreo filling. Carefully put the cookie back together. Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Dip the cookie sucker into the melted chocolate to coat completely. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- While the chocolate is still soft, place two mini M&M’s eyes about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the cookie. Repeat with remaining cookie suckers. Melt more white chocolate as needed to coat all of the suckers.
- Place remaining melted chocolate into a large zip-top plastic bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe “mummy wrapping” over the suckers in a random pattern. Allow cookie pops to set completely before wrapping.