I found this recipe in a newly purchased cookbook, Everyday Food: Great Food Fast (from the kitchen’s of Martha Stewart Living). It’s my new favorite cookbook. I love it so much I subscribed to Everyday Food magazine!
This Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce is a perfect example of the kind of recipes that are featured in the Everyday Food cookbooks and magazine. Quick, simple and delicious. I almost always have the ingredients on hand for this recipe, which is great for the nights I haven’t really planned anything for dinner and don’t want to spend a lot of time figuring out what to cook. It’s not a bad idea to double the sauce, as that gives you plenty for the chicken, plus some left to spoon over a side of rice. This meal is easy enough for a week night dinner, but fancy enough for company. My favorite kind of recipe!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon or oregano
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and preheat over medium-high heat.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to skillet and saute until cooked through, about 10-12 minutes, turning once. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Pour chicken broth into hot skillet.
- Whisk in the cream, mustard and tarragon or oregano. Cook and stir for about 2 minutes.
- Pour sauce over chicken and serve.
Follow my Chicken & Turkey board on Pinterest for more recipe ideas.