The first time I tried this salad, I was a little apprehensive. Peas as the main ingredient in a salad just seemed a little strange to me, but I loved it! I think of it as a springtime dish, and often serve it with our Easter meal. For me, the hardest part is not eating all of the bacon before I finish.
I don’t always use all of the sour cream/mayonnaise mixture, so add it gradually rather than all at once. I like to add the bacon and cashews just before serving so they don’t go soggy. For the same reason, this doesn’t make for great leftovers, but hopefully you won’t have any.
- 1 (16 oz.) package peas, thawed
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup celery, sliced
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped cashews
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- In a large bowl, combine peas, bacon, celery, green onions and cashews.
- Mix together sour cream and mayonnaise and add to other ingredients.
- Stir until well combined. Chill until serving.