This is a really simple way to prepare salmon. I’m not the best at cooking on a grill, so the hardest part for me is getting the cooking time right. Just don’t forget to oil your grill grate before you turn it on. Starting with the skin side on the grill makes it easier to turn. If you’re really worried about sticking, rub some extra oil on the skin before placing the fish on the grill. My entire family enjoys this. Even the child who doesn’t like meat gobbles it up and asks for seconds.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets
- 1 teaspoon lemon pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon pepper, garlic, salt, soy sauce, brown sugar, water, and oil until sugar is dissolved.
- Place fish in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Pour soy sauce mixture over fish and seal bag. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Lightly oil grill grate and preheat grill for medium heat.
- Place salmon on the preheated grill; discard marinade.
- Cook salmon for 6 to 8 minutes per side, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com