I’m the only person in my family who likes cornbread (seriously, what is wrong with these people?), which means if I don’t half the recipe, I’ll be eating a lot of cornbread! Not that I’d mind. I like to bake this in 9-inch round pans and cut it into wedges. It also makes great cornbread muffins.
- 1 ½ cups cornmeal
- 2 ½ cups milk
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400.
- In a small bowl, combine cornmeal and milk; let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt and sugar.
- Whisk egg and oil together until smooth.
- Add all wet ingredients to dry ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Bake in a greased 9x13 inch pan for 30-35 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com